Two lawsuits have been filed against Japanese gaming giant Sony because of last week’s massive data breach of users of its online-gaming system.
A lawsuit has been filed by one Kristopher Johns in the U.S. District Court’s Northern District of California seeking class-action suit status and charging Sony’s security being “negligently poor”, The Wall Street Journal reports.
According to the WSJ, the lawsuit charging that the “company failed to encrypt personal information” also says that Sony did not inform customers of the incident in a timely manner.
Sony took down its PlayStation Network and Qriocity service on April 19 because the company discovered an intrusion of its systems. Sony only announced that user data may have been compromised, including possibly credit card accounts, on April 26.
Another lawsuit was filed on Wednesday in a Los Angeles federal court charging Sony of being negligent in letting data from its customers be compromised in the attacks. The Los Angeles lawsuit is also asking for class-action lawsuit status, the report says.